Sifah al-Mufti wa al-Mustafti
£20 (per 10 lessons)
Starting date: Thursday, November 9th, 2023
Number of classes: TBA (1 hour per class)
Pre-requisite: Completed 'The Introduction into the Hanbalī Madhhab' and 'The foundational Principles of the Ḥanbalī Madhhab’
Reliance on scholars takes a prominent place in Islām. From this is asking the qualified mufti concerning various matters of the religion. Because of the emphasis placed on relying and asking scholars, it is of great importance to know who is to be asked, what the questioner should abide by and, how a questions should be asked. One of the main books specifically written in answer to these question is the book Sifah al-Mufti wa al-Mustafti, authored by al-Qāḍī al-Muḥaddith Najm al-Dīn Aḥmad bin Hamdan al-Ḥanbalī.
In this course, for the very first time, the whole book shall be taught in both Arabic and English, providing both translation and explanation. The student will learn regarding the time of the fatwa, the characteristics of the mufti and the fatwa seeker: his conditions and his manners, how to properly ask question and answer, as well as other related topics. Furthermore, Ibn Hamdan also discusses principles when dealing with the sayings of Imām Aḥmad, and the specific terminology related to it as employed by the Companions of the Madhhab.
Important course information:
- The course is taught weekly on Thursday: 1 hour Arabic, 1 hour English (back-to back).
- The student gets access to both parts of the course.
- The student is free to choose what he will attend (either the Arabic, English or both)
- In both courses the explanation provided will be roughly the same, but the Arabic part is expected to have additional details and benefits.
- Due to the size of the book and the dense material there is no amount of classes given, but it is expected to be a long-running course
- The course fee is based on a recurring payment per 10 lessons.
All the classes are in English/Arabic.
Upon completion of either the Arabic, or the English or both parts of the course, one is eligible for an ijazah.